Welcome Honors Alumni!
From small classes with award-winning faculty and special interdisciplinary seminars to extensive, personalized advising, peer and faculty mentoring, and dedicated Honors program housing, the mission of the School of Arts and Sciences Honors Program is to provide high-achieving students with unique opportunities to develop their intellectual and creative potential. By offering the very best of a small liberal arts college and a modern research university, SASHP strives for its graduates to become global change leaders.
An integral part of our mission is the relationship with our valued alumni. The SASHP is committed to connecting Honors Program alumni with one another and incorporating them into the fabric of the SAS Honors Program and with our current Honors students. We actively seek opportunities to engage alumni with current undergraduates in order that they can help to educate the next generation. The Program appreciates hearing from alumni interested in sharing their experiences and interests as mentors, speakers, and guest lecturers.
Honors Alumni Programs:
- Honors Alumni Spotlight
- The SAS Honors Program wants to spotlight the exciting things our Honors Alumni are taking part in, here in New Jersey and around the world, and to highlight your favorite memories of Rutgers. Visit the monthly Honors Alumni Spotlight and Archive to read more about the exciting happenings of our alumni and consider submitting an application to be featured.
- Summer Shadow Experience
- You can make a powerful difference on a SASHP student in one day!
- The Summer Shadow Program is a one day shadowing opportunity that matches an Honors Alumni to a current SASHP student based on career interests and offers the student an opportunity to get a preview into the day of a life of a professional. Through this unique one-on-one experience, our students can gain valuable first hand insight into their interested professional field, ask questions, and get advice from you, as an industry professional.
- We are looking for Honors Alumni working in all industries to host a SAS Honors Program student for the day.
- Read more about the Summer Shadow Program and learn how you can mentor a student.
- Honors Alumni Book Club
- In honor of one of SASHP’s signature initiatives – the Summer Reading Program – the Rutgers Honors alumni community is invited in the summer to read the annually selected book and reflect on the posted discussion questions engage with one another.
Annual Spring Honors Alumni Gathering
- A Honors alumni gathering will take place during alumni weekend. Honors alumni from the honors and scholars programs of Douglass, Livingston, Rutgers, and University Colleges, and the School of Arts and Sciences Honors Program will have an opportunity to meet or reunite with each other and welcome the Class of 2017; our future Honors alumni. We will also recognize the five year reunion of the SAS Honors Program Class of 2012 over wine and light refreshments.
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, 4:00-5:30 PM at the Raritan River Lounge.
- Alumni may park at one of the three following parking lots of George Street. Lot #22 is across from the SAC; Lot #20 is next to Hardenburgh Hall, and the Parking Deck is across from Lot #20.
- Rutgers Honors Alumni Society - New Brunswick
Each semester, we look for opportunities to connect with our current students and alumni. Please continue to check our site to learn about upcoming and recent activities involving Rutgers alumni- just like you!
*The SASHP carries on the legacy of the honors programs in the historic colleges at Rutgers University: Douglass College, Livingston College, Rutgers College, and University College. When we refer to “Honors alumni” we include and recognize all alumni who participated in each of these programs.