SAS Honors Residence Halls are vibrant communities where students live and learn together. Students living in SAS Honors Housing have access to many special programs and events run by the SAS Honors Program and Residence Life Office. SAS Honors Housing is available on all 4 campuses in singles, doubles, suites, and apartments.
All rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors in the SAS Honors Program who wish to live in SAS Honors Housing for the 2020-2021 academic year must follow the steps outlined below. Please read all of the information on this site and the RU Housing and Residence Life Website carefully. The Residence Life Assignments Office and the SASHP will not accept late requests for SAS Honors Housing.
Incoming First-Year SASHP students must apply through the myRutgers portal.
- Apply for a selection number
- Sign up for a housing option (doubles, suites, or apartments) by JANUARY 28.
Sign up for Honors Housing. During the sign up process, you will indicate your preferred building(s) and roommates. *Please note - you can select more than one housing option. You will be selecting housing options prior to receiving your selection number.
- Notification of eligibility
Check your email to find out your date and time to login into the online room selection system.
- Select a room online
Login to the application website and select your room online. *Once you choose a space your housing agreement is binding.
- The School of Arts and Sciences Honors Program reserves the right to transfer students from one room to another, should we need to consolidate spaces.
- Students living in SAS Honors Housing are subject to the same regulations as students living in any University Housing. Please refer to the Housing and Residence Life website for more information.
Application, Sign Up, Notification, and Selection dates are available here.
- Students who are dismissed from the SAS Honors Program at the end of the Spring 2020 semester will not be permitted to live in SAS Honors Housing for the 2020-2021 academic year. Therefore, if you are on honors continued probation, you may want to consider an alternative housing arrangement. See your honors dean if you have questions.
Douglass Residential College students
- DRC students in the SAS Honors Program who wish to live in Jameson H should participate in the DRC selection process, which requires an additional step in the application process. Click here for more information.
Rooming with an Honors College or other Honors Student
- Students in the SAS Honors Program may live with students enrolled in the Honors College, SEBS Honors Programming, or School of Engineering Honors Academy
- Only students enrolled in one of these honors programs are eligible to live in honors housing.
Suites, Doubles, and Apartments (Selection January 20-28)
- Suites and doubles are available in:
- Busch: McCormick - 6 person Suites, B.E.S.T - 4 person
- College Avenue: Brett and Campbell - traditional doubles, Sojourner Truth - 4 person apartments
- Cook/Douglass:Jameson H -traditional doubles, women only; New Gibbons - traditional doubles; Newell - 4 person apartments
- Livingston: Quad 3 - traditional doubles
- Although we encourage you to sign up with a roommate, students may sign up individually. If you sign up individually, you will be assigned a roommate.Only honors students may reside in honors housing.
Singles (Selection February 5-9)
- A very limited number of singles are located within the following buildings:
- Brett Hall (College Avenue Campus)
- Jameson H (Douglass Campus, Women only)
- Lynton Towers – North, Top Floor (Livingston Campus)
- Sign up for Singles in Brett and Lynton will occur February 5-9.
- Singles Waiting List
- Singles in SAS Honors Housing are extremely limited. All students who apply for singles in SAS Honors Housing, but do not get a single during the online room selection will be automatically placed on the SASHP Singles Waiting List. You will be contacted by the summer if a single becomes available.
- To remain on the Singles Waiting List, students must select other RU housing. Students who do not select on campus housing will be removed from the SASHP Singles Waiting List.
Find the answers to your frequently asked questions about honors housing selection here!