- A minimum of four 3- or 4-credit courses totaling 12 or more credits that are designated as honors courses, with a grade of C or better; these could include departmental honors offerings and interdisciplinary honors seminars. Please note: no courses used for completion of the Capstone requirement can be used to satisfy this requirement.
- A minimum of one Honors Colloquium, preferably in the student's first year as a member of the SAS Honors Program. A second Honors Colloquium or an alternative chosen from the following:
1. Taking a Byrne Seminar (First-year students only)
2. Taking an Honors section of an SAS Signature Course (when offered)
3. Studying abroad on a program for which a student receives Rutgers credit
4. Serving as a Peer Instructor for a FIGS course
- Proficiency in a foreign language through the intermediate level (effective for students entering Fall 2009 as members of Class of 2013 or later). All courses used for the SAS Honors Program Foreign Language Proficiency Requirement must be completed with a letter grade of C or better. Click here for information regarding the Foreign Language Proficiency Requirement.
- A Capstone of at least 6 credits (minimum of 3 credits per semester) typically completed in the senior year. The Capstone involves a substantial writing/research component consistent with the norms of the discipline. Students are encouraged to complete a research or special academic project prior to, and as preparation for, the Capstone. Click here for information regarding the Capstone.