All members of the SAS Honors Program are assigned a Honors Dean from the SAS Honors Program staff who is available as a resource and guide for students from matriculation to graduation. They work in concert with faculty, academic departments, and other staff and Deans, who make up the campus community, to support students through a holistic approach.Read more about the Advisor/Advisee relationship pdf here (75 KB) .
As the Honors student's primary point of contact, the Honors Dean is available to discuss course selection, major selection, graduate and professional school applications, major scholarship applications, internships, co-curricular opportunities, and much more! Students are encouraged to contact their Honors Dean to schedule an appointment or stop in during designated drop in hours to discuss their academic plans.
Honors Advising Appointments
Assistant Dean Amanda Ackerman:
- Make an advising appointment with Dean Ackerman via https://deanackerman.youcanbook.me/
Assistant Dean Mahasti Hashemi:
- Virtual Add/Drop hours by appointment: Aug 25th & 27th, Sept 1st – 3rd, and 7th – 9th from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM and 2:00-4:00 PM
Assistant Dean Jennifer Kim-Lee:
- During Add/Drop: Virtual appointment Aug 25th – 27th, 30th - 31st, Sept 1st – 3rd, and 7th – 9th from 10:00 AM-12:30 PM and 1:00-4:00 PM (exception: Aug 26, Aug 30 and Sept 8 will be from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM only).
- After Add/Drop: (Tentative) In-person appointments on Wednesday and Fridays and virtual appointments on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
Assistant Dean Kathy Sadowsky:
- Dean Sadowsky will be meeting virtually with students by appointment on Zoom. Please schedule an appointment at https://calendly.com/kathysadowsky
Assistant Dean Cynthia Sanchez-Gomez:
- After Add/Drop: All other (tentatively) in-person or virtual advising is scheduled by appointment.
Administrative Dean Musu Davis:
- Make an advising appointment with Dean Davis via https://calendly.com/dean-musu-davis
Academic Dean Charles Keeton:
- Make an appointment at: https://calendly.com/crkeeton/office-hours
Assistant Dean Kerstin Schnatter (Current RBS students):
- Our advising meetings start 9/1, and we will continue to run a virtual Add/Drop desk during all Add/Drop dates, from 10-12 noon and 2-4 pm, through Thursday Sept. 9th. By popping into the virtual desk or by emailing me, the online appointment binder can be accessed and we can schedule you for advising meetings. The virtual desk link is: https://rutgers.webex.com/rutgers/j.php?MTID=m435b7da41fe041ed01fb395af10e9086 This is open Sept. 1,2, and 3, and also 7, 8, and 9.
Below are recommendations from the Honors Program based on class year. Students are always encouraged to meet with their Honors Dean to discuss their individualized academic and career plans.