Declare a Major
Students typically officially declare a major by the second semester of their sophomore year.
- Undecided? Explore! This is your time to check out courses for potential majors & minors.
- Decided? It is important to meet with the adviser in your major department and get involved in the life of your academic department.
- RU wondering what students with your major might do post-Rutgers? Check out how to connect with alumni through University Career Services.
Engage with Honors
- Stay connected with SASHP on social media through our Facebook page, Instagram, & SAS Honors Blog.
- Sophomores are encouraged to apply to serve as a Peer Mentor and/or an Honors Ambassador to serve as a student resource and representative of the SAS Honors Program.
- Be mindful of the SAS Honors Academic Progress Policy.
- All honors students must earn a minimum 3.25 semester GPA during their first year and a 3.5 semester GPA every semester thereafter.
- The Global Language Proficiency Requirement is more than a requirement; it prepares you as a member of an increasingly globalized society. Check out all four options; there is something for everyone!
- It's never too early to begin thinking about your senior capstone! Create a folder with potential research ideas and epiphanies that come up as you take classes and engage with faculty.