The senior honors thesis is the definitive research statement of an undergraduate scholar, and a calling card for graduate programs and professional life. But how do you learn the fundamentals of a successful research project?
Introduction to the Thesis is modeled on professional research workshops and is an opportunity to begin the process of creating a senior thesis in a supportive and educational environment. Weekly class sessions prepare you as prospective thesis writers with the background, resources, and understanding necessary to produce quality independent work. Dr. A. Musu Davis, Director of the SAS Honors Program, will coach you from idea to research proposal in the course of the semester.
This research crash course will feature:
- investigating research work in your field,
- discussions with students currently writing theses and faculty advising theses,
- assistance finding a thesis advisor,
- developing your individual thesis topic,
- increasing your information literacy and research skills, and
- producing your project’s initial resource base
What better way to get prepped for your senior thesis or research project next year? Register now!
- Introduction to the Thesis-01:090:392
- Index# 08457
- Wednesday, 4:30-5:50