Spring 2024 Peer Tutoring began the week of February 5, 2024 and will end on the last day of classes.
The School of Arts & Sciences Honors Program (SASHP) Peer Tutoring offers free one-on-one peer tutoring to undergraduate Rutgers University students in a variety of academic subjects. Our volunteer Peer Tutors are undergraduate students who are enthusiastic about helping their peers be successful in their college courses. All tutors have earned high grades in the courses that they tutor and are members of a Rutgers Honors community. Peer Tutors complete 6 hours of training through the Rutgers Learning Centers in order to be certified to tutor.
Students seek peer tutoring for many reasons, including:
- review concepts they are currently learning
- deepen their understanding of subject matter they have already learned
- prepare for an exam
- receive assistance in addition to the help provided by the professor/TA
Students desiring tutoring assistance can book one-on-one, face-to-face peer tutoring appointments via our online scheduler. All tutoring sessions are one hour in length, and there is no charge for our tutoring services.
Peer tutoring typically begins the second week of the fall and spring semesters and ends on the last day of classes. Tutoring is not available during the summer or winter sessions.
All Rutgers-New Brunswick students can get FREE one-on-one peer tutoring!
Students may schedule appointments up to 4 times a week, at least 48 hours in advance.
SASHP Peer Tutoring has partnered with Penji to provide a simple mobile experience for connecting with tutors.
Interested in being a Peer Tutor?
The spring 2024 Peer Tutor Application is closed. Please considering applying for the fall 2024 semester.
Do you want to improve your critical thinking and leadership skills? Are you looking for a way to sharpen your academic knowledge while serving the Rutgers community? Volunteer to tutor fellow students! As little as 2 hours of your time each week can make a difference.
Eligibility: Undergraduate honors students in good academic standing with the SAS Honors Program, Rutgers Honors College, SEBS Honors Program, or SOE Engineering Academy who have completed at least one semester at Rutgers.
Qualifications: Applicants must have:
- enthusiasm, patience, and a desire to assist fellow students;
- a willingness to engage fully in tutor training and learn pedagogical skills;
- the ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and in a timely manner with students and staff;
- the ability to perform tutoring duties ethically and confidentially; and
- availability to tutor at least 2 hours per week on a volunteer basis for the entirety of the Spring 2024 semester.