Specific course offerings may vary each semester, depending on each tutor’s availability. After you download the Penji App and create your account with your RU email, enter the course you need assistance with. All courses are entered by number ex. 01:160:161 for Chemistry.
Commonly tutored subjects include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 01:119:101 General Biology
- 01:119:102 General Biology
- 01:160:161 General Chemistry or 01:160:163 Honors General Chemistry
- 01:160:162 General Chemistry or 01:160:164 Honors General Chemistry
- 01:160:307 Organic Chemistry or 01:160:315 Honors Organic Chemistry
- 01:160:308 Organic Chemistry or 01:160:316 Honors Organic Chemistry
- 01:198:111 Intro to Computer Science
- 01:198:112 Data Structures
- 01:198:205 Intro to Discrete Structures I
- 01:198:206 Intro to Discrete Structures II
- 01:220:102 Intro to Microeconomics
- 01:220:103 Intro to Macroeconomics
- 01:220:320 Intermediate Microeconomic Analysis
- 01:220:321 Intermediate Macroeconomic Analysis
- 01:447:380 Genetics
- 01:447:390 General Microbiology
- 01:640:025 Elementary Algebra
- 01:640:026 Intermediate Algebra
- 01:640:103 Topics in Mathematics for the Liberal Arts
- 01:640:111 Precalculus Part I
- 01:640:112 Precalculus Part II
- 01:640:115 Precalculus College Mathematics
- 01:640:135 Calculus I
- 01:640:136 Calculus II
- 01:640:151 Calculus for Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- 01:640:152 Calculus for Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- 01:640:250 Intro to Linear Algebra
- 01:640:251 Multivariable Calculus
- 01:750:203 General Physics or 01:750:271 Honors Physics
- 01:750:204 General Physics or 01:750:272 Honors Physics
Fall 2023 Peer Tutoring will begin the week of September 18.
Peer Tutoring is not offered during winter or summer breaks. Tutoring sessions may be limited or unavailable during Spring Break.
SASHP Peer Tutoring has partnered with Penji to provide a simple mobile experience for connecting with tutors. Download Penji on iOS or Android to use on your mobile phone (preferred), or use the web version. Create an account using your Rutgers email to get started.
Peer tutoring sessions take place either via Zoom or at the Learning Centers on each campus. For online tutoring you will need a tablet or computer, preferably with a microphone and camera.
Tutees can schedule a maximum of 4 sessions per week. Appointments must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance to allow the Tutor time to be well prepared for the session.
**If you have created your Penji account and you do not find the undergraduate course you need assistance with, please use this form to request a course that is currently not offered by the SASHP Peer Tutoring Program. Click here
Penji Quickstart Video | Penji Appointment Scheduling How-To Video
You will be able to search for the course you would like tutoring in by course number (i.e. 01:640:151) or by name (i.e. Calculus I).
Online tutoring hours: 9:00am - 11:00pm, 7 days per week. In-person tutoring hours are within the hours of the Learning Centers.