Interested in Volunteering as a Peer Tutor?
APPLICATION: Now accepting applications for Fall 2021. Click Here!
Do you want to improve your critical thinking and leadership skills? Are you looking for a way to sharpen your academic knowledge while serving the Rutgers community? Volunteer to tutor fellow students! As little as 2 hours of your time each week can make a difference.
Eligibility: Undergraduate honors students in good academic standing with the SAS Honors Program, Rutgers Honors College, SEBS Honors Program, or SOE Engineering Academy who have completed at least one semester at Rutgers.
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, and will be accepted through the end of the summer or until all positions are filled, whichever comes first.
Qualifications: Applicants must have:
- enthusiasm, patience, and a desire to assist fellow students;
- a willingness to engage fully in tutor training and learn pedagogical skills;
- the ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and in a timely manner with students and staff;
- the ability to perform tutoring duties ethically and confidentially; and
- availability to tutor at least 2 hours per week on a volunteer basis for the entirety of the Fall 2021 semester.