Meet Our Tutors
Coordinator of Marketing:
Coordinator of Recruitment & Training:
Coordinator of Scheduling:
Coordinator of Tutor Engagement:
- 196 tutors from across Rutgers Honors Communities!
- 58 from SAS Honors Program
- 122 from Honors College
- 12 from SEBS Honors Program
- 4 from SOE Honors Academy
- Over 900 appointments completed in Fall 2020
- Over 750 appointments requested, scheduled, or completed so far in Spring 2021
Tutoring Tips from Our Tutors
- "For problem-based classes like General Chemistry or Calculus, it's vital to work through as many types of practice problems and the steps required to reach the solutions, so nothing surprises you on test day!"
- "Find a way to actively engage with the material you're learning! How you do this will depend on the subject - it could mean working on practice problems or making flashcards for key concepts - but it's much easier to retain information after you implement it!"
- "On top of keeping up with new class material, consistently review old material. Even if there is no exam coming up soon, I find that even just a few minutes a day of review helps me to retain information really well."
- "No topic is ever impossible, all it takes is breaking it down into small and manageable tasks and subtopics that you CAN learn. Once you know the steps you have to make, remember that with the correct planning you don't have to tackle all steps in one day."
- "Turn off your phone and put it out of sight so you don't get distracted. I find once you make it past the first 15 minutes of studying without getting distracted and get into the zone it's a lot easier to keep going."
- "Figure out what kind of learner you are: visual, auditory, reading/writing, or kinesthetic. After you figure that out, you will be able to curate studying habits that resonate best with the way your brain understands information."
COLLEGE AVENUE CAMPUS