Interested in Being a Peer Tutor?
Do you want to improve your critical thinking and leadership skills? Are you looking for a way to sharpen your academic knowledge while serving the Rutgers community? Volunteer to tutor fellow students! As little as 2 hours of your time each week can make a difference.
SAS Honors Program students in good standing who have completed at least one semester at Rutgers are invited to apply to be a Peer Tutor. Tutors choose which course(s) they tutor, and only need to be available 2 hours per week.
Eligibility: Undergraduate honors students in good academic standing with the SAS Honors Program or Rutgers Honors College who have completed at least one semester at Rutgers.
Qualifications: Applicants must have:
- enthusiasm, patience, and a desire to assist fellow students
- willingness to engage in tutor training and learn pedagogical skills
- the ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and in a timely manner with students and staff
- the ability to perform tutoring duties ethically and confidentially
- availability to tutor at least 2 hours per week on a volunteer basis for the entirety of the Spring 2020 semester - Mon. Feb 3 to Mon. May 4.
Application Deadline: Applications for Spring 2020 are currently closed. Please check back for Fall 2020 application information later in the spring semester.