The SASHP Peer Mentor Program matches new SASHP students with current students who volunteer to serve as Peer Mentors. Peer Mentors assist first-year students in the transition to Rutgers through sharing information about the university, assisting Mentees with majors, minors, and extracurricular opportunities, and providing friendship and support at SASHP and Rutgers events.
Peer Mentors are required to attend a minimum of one Peer Mentor event and submit a report assessing their Mentor/Mentee relationship each semester.
We are also looking for creative and enthusiastic leaders to serve on the Peer Mentor Programming Board. Programming Board Leaders work as a team to help man, coordinate, and market Peer Mentor events, as well as run the Peer Mentor Facebook page.
Peer Mentor Training
UPDATE (3/17/20): Peer Mentors will be required to participate in a mandatory online training session.
All Peer Mentors must attend one of the following mandatory one-hour introduction sessions:
- Thursday, April 23, 2020 2:00-3:00 p.m. at College Avenue Student Center, Room 411ABC
- Thursday, April 23, 2020 3:00-4:00 p.m. at College Avenue Student Center, Room 411ABC
- Friday, April 24, 2020 2:00-3:00 p.m. at Busch Student Center, Room 122AB
- Friday, April 24, 2020 3:00-4:00 p.m. at Busch Student Center, Room 122AB
- Wednesday, April 29, 2019 2:00-3:00 p.m. at Livingston Student Center Room 201AB
Mentors and Mentees are matched in May and have an opportunity to meet at the Peer Mentor/Mentee Summer Kick-off on Sunday, June 21 2020.